Friday 2 April 2010

Evaluation Question 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

















Throughout the process of filming and editing i have encountered new technology and adapted to their styles. I began with the tripod and camera equipment (in the above picture), whilst shooting the preliminary I had learnt how to set up both pieces of equipment, this seemed difficult at first but after much practice i finally got the grasp of it and put this new skill into much use when shooting the final product.


Whilst creating the blog I used many different forms of software that were new to me but i found that they were pretty easy to use. The first piece of software was 'Blogger'. This software allowed me to create the blog, after much practice with blogger i new how to add backgrounds, change colour schemes, edit text and add new and edit posts. This software was obviously very important because without it I would not of been able to complete the coursework.


Whilst creating new posts I also had to put a lot of my work onto a software called 'Scribd'. This software allowed me to upload documents onto a neat and professional format which I then uploaded to the blog and published. This helped me a lot because when i created documents such as the script, i could give the document a professional edge by uploading it to scribd, therefore this software was a big help throughout the duration of my coursework.


I also used a piece of software called 'bubbl.us', this software enabled me to create a mind map of the production process involved in the product. This software was a good and creative way of showing the information to the viewer and was quit easy to work with.


I also used a piece of software called 'Sound Cloud', this allowed me to upload all of the sound tracks that I used whilst editing the final product. Once i had uploaded the tracks onto sound cloud, i simply downloaded the tracks onto the blog and published the post. This was a great help because it allowed me to show the audience the tracks i used and why i used them. I have now learnt how to upload and download tracks onto pieces of software, which is very quick and easy.


I also used Youtube in the construction process of the opening sequence, this software enabled me to upload the film and publish it for the world to see. This gave a me a wide range of audience to aim for and gave the film publicity.


Another piece of software used was final cut pro (pictured at the top of this post). This was one of the more important pieces of software because this allowed me to edit the footage and therefore create the film. I have learnt a lot about this software and was a great help to the construction of the film.


Photoshop is another piece of software that i have learnt to use whilst carrying out the pre-production and production process. I used photoshop many different times especially in the process of creating the storyboard. Photoshop allowed me to crop, change contrast and colour to the pictures, this was obviously a big help during the storyboard because i changed the pictures to look like pencil drawings, without photoshop this would not of been done.




No comments:

Post a Comment